Name: Max Mercurio
FC: Aaron Johnson
Powers: As the god of the road and messenger of the gods Hermes posses incredible speed and flight. He can travel at an estimated speed of Mach 7 (roughly 5,328 miles per hour) meaning he could run from New York to London in about 37 minutes and 48 seconds. He is also one of the few gods who can travel between all worlds, and even through time, without any sort of assistance. His status as god of language and wit allow him to speak all languages and make him a master of persuasion. This combined with his expert skills as a thief mark him as one of the Trickster gods.
Personality: To be determined by player
History/Role: To be determined by player
Aaron Johnson and Blake Lively in SAVAGES (2012)
These tweets (and one retweet) are from my friend Ryan, a journalist who has been on the ground in Ferguson for the past few days. (His Twitter account is here, and it’s a great source of updates on the situation there [x]).
I just wanted to remind everybody that while spreading word about Michael Brown’s unjust murder and the horrifying events of the night of August 14, 2014, please do not oversimplify or ignore the complexities of the situation.
Journalists in the town have been doing what journalists do: focusing on all the negative aspects about the community to try and make it look like a hell-hole in order to sell their own pictures and stories, and basically all many of them want to do is further their own careers. But focusing on all that negativity only paints the picture of one side of the story, ignoring a lot of other important things going on there.
Please do not fall prey to the media’s game. Anger at the actions of the police in Ferguson is totally justified, but in the midst of that we cannot allow the people who are living with the situation every day to be dehumanized. Despite all this tragedy and chaos going on around them, they’re still a community and in many ways they’re pulling through all of it together. They want peace. Anyone looting or burning things down is a very small portion of the community. The whole story is so much bigger.
A story doesn’t need tear gas to be interesting. We need to hear every side of this story, not just the horrific parts.
TL:DR: please don’t fall prey to media attempts to dehumanize and oversimplify the situation in ferguson!!
What a long winding week…weeks like this usually lead up to vacations…and this has been no exception. I have started my week long ‘I Go Home to Grow Old’ vacation that I try to take every year. Plans??? Not a damn thing. So I shall leave the plan making to you. Stop by this Friday night between 11PM and 1AM, log in and listen to my radio show Journeying to the Gateway at KJSR.net. As usual it shall be a cornucopia of old school R&B, dance and anything else that trips my trigger. As always thanks most abundantly from I, DJ Chele Belle and the patron saint of the show, David Gandy, for your aural patronage.
TRACK LISTING FOR Friday August 15 Show:
1. Blue [Hermes Trance Mix] by LaTour
2. Song of Slavery/Resist by Roland Clark & Ron Carroll
3. A Change Is Gonna Come [Sam Cooke cover] by Aretha Franklin
4. Compared to What by Roberta Flack
5. Stand By Me by John Lennon
6. The Revolution Will Not Be Televised (Soul Rebels Club Mix) [Gil Scott-Heron cover] by The Soul Rebels
7. Outlaw by War
8. The Mast (Love Will Be Strong) [Joey Negro Mix] by RSL
9. Stand & Deliver by Adam Ant
10. What’s Going On by Marvin Gaye
11. Cockney Thug by Rusko
12. La Grange by ZZ Top
13. Jesus dub [Depeche Mode vs. Overbud] by DRA’man
14. Justify My Love (Luxar Refix) by Madonna
15. Bedtime Story (Orbital Mix) by Madonna
16. Like An Angel (Passing Through My Room) [ABBA cover] by Madonna
17. Sugar Walls by Sheena Easton
18. All Night Long by Mary Jane Girls
19. Dis Poem ‘99 (Joe Clausell’s Vocal Mix) by Mutabaruka
20. Awakening (Needs Remix) by Francois K. feat. Barbara Mendes